The Attica Story
In 1993 the opportunity to enter and develop a broad base business that provide the wide range of service and skill to the industry was presented and the challenge accepted by Frank Dalle Nogare.
Initially this adventure began as Domus Ceramics In the early years we led the market providing terracotta, antiquated marble and colourful glazed mosaics and trims.
In 1998 the business was rebranded as Attica Tiles recognizing that tiles of all descriptions, not just ceramics, were in our domain. This period saw Attica introduce large format stone tiles of various finishes in particular Spanish, Portuguese and French limestones and the expansion of glass mosaic away from its exclusive use as a pool liner to become an integral design element in residential and commercial design. Stone and metal mosaic soon followed trend
More recently the branding has been modified to be ATTICA reflecting that we do more than just sell tiles. Our goal is to provide our clients with a partner to their design and building process.
Our relevance is undiminished as is our footprint in the market. We can proudly point to our products used at every airport terminal in Perth, the 2016 Bus port, Claremont quarter, Allendale square, Brookfield place, and endless number of commercial and residential Projects.
A part of the MCW Group its heritage began in 1948 in South Australia as Marble & Cement Work Co and has spanned four generations of the Dalle-Nogare Family culminating in Attica being the leading specifier and supplier of premium commercial and residential stone, tiles, mosaics and surfaces in Western Australia.
The family’s patriarch Anacleto (Clem) Dalle Nogare travelled to Australia in 1937 leaving behind his young bride and 3 children like many European immigrants left to search for a better life. A quarry man and stone carver he found in Australia opportunity to put his skills to use and make a prosperous life for his family
This adventure began in Melbourne but eventually he settled in Adelaide and started the Marble & Cement Work Business. During the post war era the company employed up to 200 people as the business grew in parallel with the state. The company developed an extraordinary reputation for its skills in the stone, concrete and precast concrete business and it services were in high demand across Australia quoting, winning and undertaking projects in New south Wales, Victoria, and Tasmania.
As a result of their exposure they were offered the opportunity to commence operations in Western Australia commencing in 1968 with the external precast concrete cladding to 1 St Georges terrace, then the ATO building and now the prestigious Duxton hotel. Since that time Marble & Cement Works have been an essential player in the construction market in Western Australia involved in such iconic projects as Alexander library Building, WA Art Gallery, Charles Gardner Hospital and many more too numerous to mention.
Having also undertaken significant commercial and high end residential in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane the business has also left its mark internationally in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia in the latter completing cladding and tiling works to the retail podium to the KLCC twin towers and the KLIA projects.